Recently the UNEP published a new job vacancy notification for the posts of National Safeguards Consultant. Interested Nepalese Job Seekers must apply before August 07, 2023.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is responsible for coordinating responses to environmental issues within the United Nations system. It was established by Maurice Strong, its first director, after the United Nations Conference on the Human Environment in Stockholm in June 1972. Its mandate is to provide leadership, deliver science and develop solutions on a wide range of issues, including climate change, the management of marine and terrestrial ecosystems, and green economic development.
|Name of the Organization||United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)|
|Application Started||July 20, 2023|
|Application Deadline||August 07, 2023|
|Job Location||Kathmandu, Nepal|
UNEP Job Vacancy 2023 (www.unep.org)
UNEP would like to invite qualified candidates for the following position.
- Name Of Post = National Safeguards Consultant = Number of Vacancy = N/A
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in natural resource management, information management or related field is required.
- A minimum of seven years’ working experience in related field is required.
- Demonstrated experience working with government stakeholders and knowledge of Nepal’s legal framework, particularly for forest & environment sector is required.
- Fluency in written and spoken Nepali and English is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Update and finalize the draft Summary of Information (SOI), utilizing a draft report that has already been prepared. This includes the preparation, coordination and facilitation of a stakeholder consultation process, integration of feedback and comments, and submission of the final draft SOI in English and Nepali to the Ministry of Forests and Environment (MOFE).
- Develop a draft of the safeguards related sections (Section 7) of Nepal’s ART-TREES registration document, with text responding to structure, process and outcome indicators including assisting with a stakeholder consultation process, integration of feedback and comments, and submission of an English and Nepalese final draft version to MOFE.
- Based on existing plans/mechanisms, prepare documents setting out the benefit sharing plan and grievance redress mechanism for the LEAF jurisdiction, aligned with relevant regulations and ensuring that ART-TREES and Nepal’s own SIS requirements are met.
- Application Start Date: July 20, 2023
- Last Date Application: August 07, 2023.
How To Apply
- Candidates fulfilled the eligibility criteria should apply online through UNEP Nepal Career Page.
- Therefore, Applicants have to log on to UNEP official website www.unep.org.
- After that go to “New Vacancies Recruitment” section then Click on “Recruitment of National Safeguards Consultant“.
United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
Web: – www.unep.org
- Job vacancy in Nepal 2023
- Entrance exam 2023 in Nepal
- Exam Notices Nepal 2023
- Exam Routines Nepal 2023
- University Nepal
- Nepal Results 2080
- Marksheet Nepal