Recently the WHO Nepal published a new job vacancy notification for the post of Medical Officer. Interested Nepalese Job Seekers must apply before December 06, 2023.
The World Health Organization (WHO) was established on 7 April 1948 as the directing and coordinating authority in global public health within the United Nations system. Working at three levels in the Organization (global, regional and country), more than 7000 WHO staff worldwide collaborate with the governments of 194 Member States and other partners to achieve the WHO founding vision of the attainment of the highest possible level of health by all people. The World Health Organization (WHO) is one of the specialized agencies of the UN system. According to its constitution, the main goal of WHO is the attainment of the highest possible level of health by all people.
|Name of the Organization||World Health Organization (WHO)|
|Application Started||November 25, 2023|
|Application Deadline||December 06, 2023|
|Job Location||Kathmandu, Nepal|
WHO Nepal Job Vacancy 2023 (www.who.int)
WHO Nepal would like to invite qualified candidates for the following position.
- Name Of Post = Medical Officer (MO)/EPI = Number Of Vacancy = N/A
- Medical degree with post graduate degree in Public Health and/or Epidemiology.
- Essential: At least 10 years of experience in communicable disease control and immunization, including considerable experience obtained in an international context. Experience in leading a team and programme management.
- Desirable: International experience with disease surveillance, laboratory coordination, outbreak investigation/control.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, complemented by sound interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Demonstrated ability to act independently and exercise sound judgement.
- Proven ability to work closely in harmony with government and international officials at all levels.
- Excellent management skills.
- Demonstrable technical knowledge and expertise of all aspects of immunization, including surveillance.
- Knowledge and understanding of current public health issues, disease epidemiology and control.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
Use of Language Skills
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
- Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of French.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the overall supervision of WHO Representative Nepal (WR), the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- 1. Assist the Government of Nepal in assessing and addressing national health needs to achieve and sustain immunization related targets (polio eradication, measles and rubella/CRS elimination, MNT elimination, Full Immunization, Japanese Encephalitis control, New vaccine introductions, in the context of primary care and in line with WHO’s program of work. This will entail, among other: the development of strategic plans based on sound analysis of possible strategies; the development of implementation plans; support to implementation activities; monitoring of quality activities and results, and propose corrective action.
- 2. Act as main technical advisor on immunization policies and implementation strategies. Provide evidence-based advice on all immunization – related issues, taking into account existing knowledge, and in particular draw on WHO positions, guidelines and recommendations.
- 3. Facilitate the development of methods and materials in support of immunization related activities, including surveillance, campaigns, routine immunization, training, etc.
- 4. Monitor on a regular basis progress towards immunization goals through pre-determined indicators. This may include obtaining consensus on the use of specific indicators and designing systems for the collection of the data required to measure the indicators.
- 5. Manage and supervise the teams in the Immunization Preventable Diseases (IPD) team, which include the Immunization team and the team of Surveillance Medical Officers and their support staff. This includes close collaboration and coordination with Disease Control entities within WHO and government on the SMO’s engagement in outbreak investigation, response and control.
- 6. In close coordination with the Representative, and taking into account global recommendations made under the “Polio Legacy” heading, develop and implement plans to transition the Surveillance Medical Officers team into broader responsibilities.
- 7. Liaise with donors and funding agencies to seek support for the Nepal Immunization program, and WHO’s support to that program. Maintain regular contact with donors and funding agencies, and explore potential interest from additional agencies. Prepare and/or assist the government in preparing funding proposals as required.
- 8. Take a lead role to support the government in coordinating partners involved in immunization. Upon government request, act as secretariat of the Interagency Coordination Committee and similar coordination mechanisms. Maintain strong relationships with key partner agencies and entities, including GPEI, M&RI, UNICEF and GAVI.
- 9. Support the government with the transition towards a federalized health system, to ensure that the immunization program ‘s set-up and implementation remains adapted to the changing environment.
- 10. Any other task as assigned by the supervisor.
- Grade: P5
- Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
- Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 2 Years
- Job Posting: Nov 15, 2023, 11:53:24 AM
- Closing Date: Dec 6, 2023, 4:29:00 AM
- Primary Location: Nepal-Kathmandu
- Organization: SE_NEP WR Office, Nepal
- Schedule: Full-time
- Start Date Application: November 25, 2023
- Last Date Application: December 06, 2023
How To Apply
- Candidates fulfilled the eligibility criteria should apply online through WHO Nepal Career Page.
- Therefore, Applicants have to log on to WHO Nepal official website www.who.int.
- After that go to “New Vacancies Recruitment” section then Click on “Recruitment of Medical Officer“.
World Health Organization (WHO),
Telephone number: +977-15523200 | +977-15523993
Official Website: www.who.int/nepal
- Job vacancy in Nepal 2023
- Entrance exam 2023 in Nepal
- Exam Notices Nepal 2023
- Exam Routines Nepal 2023
- University Nepal
- Nepal Results 2080
- Marksheet Nepal