Recently the WFP Nepal published a new job vacancy notification for the post of National Consultant. Interested Nepalese Job Seekers must apply before October 05, 2022.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
New Current Vacancy
|Name of the Organization||World Food Programme (WFP Nepal)|
|Application Started||Sep. 28, 2022|
|Application Deadline||October 05, 2022|
|Job Location||Kathmandu – Nepal|
|Type of Contract:||Special Service Agreement (SSA)|
|Grade:||SSA-9 (Equivalent to NO-B)/When an Actual Basis (WAE)|
|Duration:||November 2022 to February 2023 (a total 45 working days)|
WFP Nepal Job Vacancy 2022 (www.wfp.org)
- Name Of Post = National Consultant = Number Of Vacancy = N/A
- Advanced degree in Social Protection, Social Policy Economics, Education, Agriculture, Development Studies, Nutrition or other related qualifications.
- At least 3 years of prior engagement with government units responsible for project management, coordination strategic planning and programme implementation on formulating policies, plans, strategies, guidelines, and standards, in National context.
- Experience required in research including in designing and conducting qualitative research, strategic planning, and policy and/or programming
- Familiarity with the national school health and nutrition/school feeding programme and WFP programmes
- Experience in researching or conducting programmes in school health and nutrition / school feeding programmes
- Experience as former government official working in MoEST or any ministry of government office that have an important role on the coordination or implementation of school meals programme in Nepal.
- Language: Fluency in English and Nepali language is essential. Proficiency/level C of English.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Nepali language.
- Excellent report-writing skills
- Thematic knowledge in school feeding, or broader in school health and nutrition in the Nepal and Asian region
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strong communication and knowledge management skills
- Experience working in team and with multi stakeholders, with good coordination skills, being able to give his or her own perspective remaining open for learning diverse opinions.
- Ability to work independently in a timely and organised manner
- Proficiency in Windows MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to plan and organize work; resourcefulness, initiative, maturity of judgment, tact and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with other UN agencies, Government departments, Cooperating partners and communities of different national and cultural background.
- The purpose of this consultancy is to develop a case study to identify lessons learned from the school feeding programme till date. The case study will include information that explores how WFP may have supported and engaged with other partners with established upstream engagement roles to support the National School Feeding Programmes. The exercise will also seek to explore how and when countries strengthened their own capacities along the “Systems Approach for Better Education Results – School Feeding” benchmarks for quality school feeding programmes.
- Start Date Application: Sep. 28, 2022
- Last Date Application: October 05, 2022
How To Apply
- To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings).
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- We want to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible. Please contact us at email@example.com to advise us of any accessibility needs you may have.
P.O. Box No 107, Chakupat,
Patan Dhoka, Lalitpur, Kathmandu, Nepal
PHONE: +977 1 5260607
FAX: +977 1 5260201
Official Website: www.wfp.org