Recently the WFP Nepal published a new job vacancy notification for the post of Programme Policy Officer. Interested Nepalese Job Seekers must apply before March 27, 2023.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
New Current Vacancy
|Name of the Organization||World Food Programme (WFP Nepal)|
|Application Started||March 18, 2023|
|Application Deadline||March 27, 2023|
|Job Location||Kathmandu, Nepal|
|Contract Type||Service Contract (SC)|
|Contract Duration||12 months (renewable)|
|Date of Publication:||March 27, 2023|
WFP Nepal Job Vacancy 2023 (www.wfp.org)
- Name Of Post = Programme Policy Officer = Number Of Vacancy = N/A
- Education: Master/Advanced University degree in agriculture, agriculture economics, agribusiness, or related field, or First University Degree with more than seven years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- Language: Excellent proficiency in both oral and written English and Nepali.
- At least one year of relevant professional experience after advanced university degree is required. Above five years’ experience in agriculture value chain, market linkage, marketing, agribusiness, climate change adaptation in agriculture and food systems, and/or digital technologies for value chain development and relevant programme design/planning and implementation is desirable.
- Sound understanding of agriculture, agribusiness, climate smart village development and market related policies, programmes, and approaches in Nepal, understanding of approaches of climate change adaptation will be an added advantage.
- Sound knowledge, skills and experience in business development/project/programme design and management.
- Has experience in liaising with government partners, has good negotiation skills and ability to communicate effectively, has provided input into policy discussions and decisions.
- Ability to write clear and concise technical documents in short deadlines, with multi-tasking skills.
- Ability for perform well in cross-disciplinary teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Has gained experience in implementing technical programs (i.e. nutrition, etc.).
- Has implemented programmes and provided input into designing operations.
- Has provided input into policy discussions and decisions.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
The Programme Policy Officer (livelihoods, agribusiness, and market linkage) will be directly supervised by Deputy Head of Programme and Strategic Outcome Manager (SO 3). S/he will ensure that WFP’s ongoing and upcoming programmes and projects under the CSP are implemented effectively and efficiently contributing to resilient livelihoods, sustainable agribusiness, and market linkages of smallholder farmers. The key responsibilities include:
- 1. Contribute to the implementation of WFP Nepal’s Country Strategy Plan (CSP), corporate policies and programmes aligned with national policies (such as the Agricultural Development Strategy, Climate Change Policy etc) and wider UN strategic focus areas related to agriculture and livelihoods .
- 2. Analyze technical and policy documents, strategies and programmes, and relevant data and information including for example, trends and developments, approaches, impacts, lessons, and good practices related to agribusiness, food systems and value chain development and translate them into WFP’s thematic focus areas .
- 3. Provide technical support in business development or developing/designing project concepts/proposals and contribute to resource mobilization for relevant CSP activities.
- 4. Support in developing and reviewing information materials, technical papers and guidelines related to WFP’s work on agricultural value chain, market system development, rural entrepreneurship development; digital solutions/technologies; public-private platforms and partnerships etc.
- 5. Coordinate and support in establishing strategic and operational partnership with the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Development (MoALD), Nepal Agriculture Research Council (NARC), Federation of Nepal Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FNCCI), and other like-minded public and private sector organizations and provide technical assistance as required.
- 6. Contribute to the appraisal of capacity building needs of partners and beneficiaries related to the agribusiness, value chain development and market linkage; and contribute to developing training materials and to training courses and activities and provide technical guidance for field staff, cooperating partners and communities in all aspects of business planning and implementation of agribusinesses.
- Start Date Application: March 18, 2023
- Last Date Application: March 27, 2023
How To Apply
- To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings).
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- We want to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to advise us of any accessibility needs you may have.
P.O. Box No 107, Chakupat,
Patan Dhoka, Lalitpur, Kathmandu, Nepal
PHONE: +977 1 5260607
FAX: +977 1 5260201
Official Website: www.wfp.org
1 thought on “WFP Nepal Job Vacancy 2023 (www.wfp.org)”
how to apply