Recently the World Bank Nepal published a new job vacancy notification for the posts of Transport Specialist. Interested Nepalese Job Seekers must apply before March 02, 2023.
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org.
|Name of the Organization||World Bank Nepal|
|Application Started||Feb. 24, 2023|
|Application Deadline||March 02, 2023|
|Job Location||Nepal, Kathmandu|
World Bank Nepal Job Vacancy 2023 (www.worldbank.org)
World Bank Nepal would like to invite qualified candidates for the following position.
- Name Of Post = Transport Specialist = Number of Vacancies = N/A
Education Qualification and Experience
- Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in relevant field (transport engineering/planning/economics, or related subject).
- Prior work experience in in the transport sector project planning, implementation would be preferred.
Essential Specialized Skills/Knowledge/Competencies:
- Minimum five years of relevant professional experience in the transport sector with a focus on at least two of the following areas: (a) highway/roads engineering; (b) transport planning, design, and operations; (c) urban mobility; (d) management/implementation of transport infrastructure investments and operational services; (e) public procurement and contract management; and (e) Logistics services.
- Practical experience in the engineering design, implementation, management, maintenance or operation of transport infrastructure projects or initiatives, and an understanding and the ability to work on policy, institutional, financing, procurement and contract management, social and environmental requirements.
- Demonstrated good research and analytical skills and prior experience with economic /financial analysis / GHG accounting/ climate change and advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Knowledge of standardized transport analysis tools such as HDM/RONET/TransCAD would be desirable.
- Comprehension of typical sectoral issues in transport, including sector policy reforms, road asset management, road safety, and management & financing of transport infrastructure.
- Organizational skills, ability to see the big picture as well as attention to detail and ability to prioritize work among multiple competing demands and tight deadlines.
- High degree of initiative, problem-solving skills, flexibility, and ability to work independently.
- Strong inter-personal skills; experience working effectively in large and multi-disciplinary teams of specialists; with the capacity to interact in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong work relation and communication with the Client team including ability to coordinate effectively between the Bank team and Client team is desirable.
- Excellent communications skills, specifically in writing briefs, reports and preparing power point presentations.
- Capacity to work simultaneously on a variety of issues and tasks, independently adjusting to priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English, including the ability to write short reports and briefing notes.
- Start Date Application: Feb. 24, 2023
- Last Date Application: March 02, 2023
How To Apply
- Candidates fulfilled the eligibility criteria should apply online through World Bank Nepal Career Page.
- Therefore, Applicants have to log on to World Bank Nepal official website www.worldbank.org.
- After that go to “New Vacancies Recruitment” section then Click on “Recruitment of Transport Specialist“.
World Bank Nepal
1st Floor, West Wing Lal Durbar Convention Center Yak and Yeti Hotel Complex,
Durbar Marg, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Official Website: www.worldbank.org
- Job vacancy in Nepal 2023
- Entrance exam 2023 in Nepal
- Exam Notices Nepal 2023
- Exam Routines Nepal 2023
- University Nepal
- Nepal Results 2079
- Marksheet Nepal