Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org.
|Name of the Organization
|World Bank Nepal
|February 20, 2024
|March 04, 2024
World Bank Nepal Job Vacancy 2024 (www.worldbank.org)
World Bank Nepal would like to invite qualified candidates for the following position.
- Name Of Post = Senior Environmental Specialist = Number of Vacancies = N/A
Education Qualification and Experience
- An advanced degree (Master’s or PhD) in environmental engineering, environmental science, biological sciences and related field is required.
A minimum of 8 years relevant professional practical experience in the engineering or environmental management sector is required.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to think strategically, analyze and synthesize diverse qualitative and quantitative environmentally related data and information.
- Ability to follow up multiple work-streams simultaneously.
- Track record of dealing effectively with external and internal clients. Strong client orientation with commitment to results on.
- Ability to work well with a range of stakeholders, including project-affected parties, government officials, non-governmental organizations / civil society, as well as project investors and their staff.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently, articulate issues and recommend solutions.
- Excellent inter-personal and team leadership skills and ability to easily interact with people of different backgrounds and seniority inside and outside the World Bank, including clients and partners.
- Experience working in developing countries.
- Experience in the preparation of environmental safeguards/risk management documents of the lending projects of the WBG or other international organizations is beneficial but not required.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English is required. Knowledge of other languages will be an advantage.
- Good team player who can work as a member of a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team, motivate and lead group efforts and network effectively across boundaries.
- A drive for results while working with limited supervision and under tight timelines.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Lead or participate in policy dialogue; analytical and advisory services; lending project preparation and implementation in environment sector; and portfolio reviews with a focus on environmental risk management and biodiversity issues of substantial and high risk operations.
- Provide technical guidance and advice to operational teams to strengthen project design and implementation performance, including leading and participating in identification missions; seeking and developing opportunities to integrate sound environmental management, including risk management, and policies in investment project operations; maintaining dialog with the client and enhancing their capacity for understanding and compliance with environmental policies.
- Collaborate with WBG staff across regions and across sector boundaries and seeking opportunities for knowledge sharing. Disseminate and support dissemination of lessons learned and best practices from best practices Bank lending and non-lending for client engagement, knowledge sharing and learning purposes.
- Contribute to a variety of written products and communications, including components of major reports (Briefs, Analytical Notes, Aide
- Memoires, Project Concept Notes, and Project Documents), as well as drafts other technical working papers for wider circulation.
- Collaborate with World Bank GPs and IFC/MIGA colleagues on joint projects as well as other colleagues from multilateral development institutions when supporting same projects, understanding and implementing a common approach when formally approved.
- Provide environmental risk management support to Investment Project Financing, Program for Results and Development Policy Lending.
- Provide direct support to implementing the client ESF capacity building in Nepal and in the use of Borrower Framework.
- Find opportunities to integrate/mainstream ESF and Environmental staffing and capacity building into Bank-financed operations.
- Coordinate and carry out other tasks as requested by the Manager, such as contributing to the organization of training or knowledge sharing events.
- Start Date Application: February 20, 2024
- Last Date Application: March 04, 2024
How To Apply
- Candidates fulfilled the eligibility criteria should apply online through World Bank Nepal Career Page.
- Therefore, Applicants have to log on to World Bank Nepal official website www.worldbank.org.
- After that go to “New Vacancies Recruitment” section then Click on “Recruitment of Senior Environmental Specialist“.
World Bank Nepal
1st Floor, West Wing Lal Durbar Convention Center Yak and Yeti Hotel Complex,
Durbar Marg, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Official Website: www.worldbank.org
- Job vacancy in Nepal 2024
- Entrance exam 2024 in Nepal
- Exam Notices Nepal 2024
- Exam Routines Nepal 2024
- University Nepal
- Nepal Results 2080
- Marksheet Nepal