Recently the IWMI Nepal published a new job vacancy notification for the posts of Researcher – Agricultural Water Management. Interested Nepalese Job Seekers must apply before November 2, 2020.
The International Water Management Institute (IWMI) is looking for a highly motivated researcher to manage the work carried out under the Water, Food and Ecosystems Strategic Program at its office in Kathmandu, Nepal.
IWMI is a research-for-development (R4D) organization, with offices in 13 countries and a global network of scientists operating in more than 30 countries. For over three decades, our research results have led to changes in water management that have contributed to social and economic development.
|Name of the Organization||IWMI Nepal|
|Application Started||17th Oct. 2020|
|Application Deadline||2nd Nov. 2020|
|Job Location||Kathmandu, Nepal|
IWMI Nepal Job Vacancy 2020 (www.iwmi.cgiar.org)
IWMI Nepal would like to invite qualified candidates for the following position.
- Name Of Post – Researcher – Agricultural Water Management – Number Of Vacancies = N/A
- A PhD in Agricultural Science, Irrigation Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, Civil Engineering, or related discipline or M.Sc. in the similar discipline with 5-7 years of proven research for development experience and technical competence of designing, monitoring and analyzing AWM interventions in agricultural systems with famers and communities
- A good track record of relevant scientific publications
- Experience working on a diverse range of irrigation scales, and approaches, techniques and tools appropriate to each scale
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A good understanding of the soil-plant-atmosphere continuum, approaches to sustainable agricultural production systems and on-farm irrigation methods in a changing climate, as well as principles of water productivity and the interaction of irrigation with surrounding ecosystems.
- Experience in developing and leading interdisciplinary and multicultural research teams.
- Ability to be a great team player while being able to independently design and conduct action research, with the overall ability to work in data-scarce environments, generating new datasets.
- Excellent knowledge of project management with strong teamwork skills, and the ability to mentor and engage young researchers in the research projects of IWMI and its partners.
- Ability to establish and maintain partnerships and working relationships with the government, development agencies, civil society organizations, private sector, research and similar institutions.
- Familiarity with gender, inequality and social inequity issues within Nepal, in general, and the irrigation and natural resource management sectors, in particular, with the ability to think and act on AWM interventions differently.
- Familiarity with federalism in Nepal and the resulting restructuring of the water resources management sector.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Start Date Application: 17th Oct. 2020
- Last Date Application: 2nd Nov. 2020
How To Apply
- Candidates fulfilled the eligibility criteria should Application through IWMI Nepal Career Page.
- Therefore, Applicants have to log on to IWMI Nepal official website www.iwmi.cgiar.org.
- After that go to “New Vacancies Recruitment” section then Click on “Recruitment of Researcher – Agricultural Water Management “.
- Job vacancy in Nepal 2021
- Entrance exam 2021 in Nepal
- Exam Notices Nepal 2021
- Exam Routines Nepal 2021
- University Nepal
- Nepal Results 2077
- Marksheet Nepal