Recently the UNDGC published a new job vacancy notification for the posts of Intern – Public Information I. Interested Nepalese Job Seekers must apply before June 12, 2022.
The United Nations Department of Global Communications is a department of the Secretariat of the United Nations. It is tasked with raising public awareness and support of the work of the United Nations through strategic communications campaigns, media and relationships with civil society groups.
|Name of the Organization||United Nations Department of Global Communications (UNDGC)|
|Application Started||May 31, 2022|
|Application Deadline||June 12, 2022|
UNDGC Job Vacancy 2022 (www.un.org)
UNDGC would like to invite qualified candidates for the following position.
- Name Of Post = Intern – Public Information I = Number Of Vacancy = 01
Applicants must at the time of application meet each of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in final year, or have completed bachelor’s degree in Mass Communications, Marketing, Information Management, Digital Media Communications. Individuals with one year of proven knowledge and experience of social media management is desirable. Preference will be given to those with technical skill to use various designing tools such as Adobe, Indesign, video editing, etc.
- Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Individuals with experience engaging audiences through effective management of social media channels and tools is preferred.
- Individuals with excellent communication skills- both written and oral is preferred.
- No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in English and Nepali is required for the internship. Knowledge of Nepali as well as other local language is an asset.
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of National Information Officer the Social Media Intern will:
- Participate in creative brainstorming’s for social media messages and campaigns and create bi-weekly social media content calendars for the UNRC and UNCT accounts;
- Provide channel-specific ideas for the use of social media messages, videos, or photos and create creative and fun video concepts for the Facebook, Instagram and TikTok audience;
- Be the face of the UNCT TikTok channel and promote content regularly under the guidance of the NIO;
- Provide support to map social media influencers in the region and identify opportunities to partner with at least 3 influencers in 2022 to promote UN Nepal’s campaigns;
- Provide support to work for the Social Media platform to tag content and analyze its performance to prepare bi-weekly analytics and content reports capturing national trends, feedback from followers, social listening, opportunities, and challenges and UNCT’s social media accounts performance;
- Help maintain a repository of all social media -related multimedia (audio-visual and graphics);
- Help monitor content performance on the UN Nepal social media channels and coordinate with the NIO to manage responses to questions and queries posted by followers diligently;
- Engage with the Facebook, TikTok and Instagram community daily within the UN Social media guidance;
- Contribute to the strategy, vision, and voice of the UNCT Social media channels;
- Conduct a qualitative report to identify themes and issues raised by people on the social media platform through social listening;
- Provide support to draft articles/write-ups about events, campaigns etc. for publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.; and
- Provide support in other duties as required.
- Start Date: May 31, 2022
- Last Date Application: June 12, 2022.
How To Apply
- Candidates fulfilled the eligibility criteria should apply online through UNDGC Career Page.
- Therefore, Applicants have to log on to UNDGC official website www.un.org.
- After that go to “New Vacancies Recruitment” section then Click on “Recruitment of Intern – Public Information I “.
- Job vacancy in Nepal 2022
- Entrance exam 2022 in Nepal
- Exam Notices Nepal 2022
- Exam Routines Nepal 2022
- University Nepal
- Nepal Results 2079
- Marksheet Nepal