Recently the UNDGC published a new job vacancy notification for the posts of Digital Communications Assistant. Interested Nepalese Job Seekers must apply before September 21, 2023.
The United Nations Department of Global Communications is a department of the Secretariat of the United Nations. It is tasked with raising public awareness and support of the work of the United Nations through strategic communications campaigns, media and relationships with civil society groups.
|Name of the Organization||United Nations Department of Global Communications (UNDGC)|
|Application Started||August 22, 2023|
|Application Deadline||September 21, 2023|
UNDGC Job Vacancy 2023 (www.un.org)
UNDGC would like to invite qualified candidates for the following position.
- Name Of Post = Digital Communications Assistant = Number Of Vacancy = 01
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of seven years of experience in digital communications, social media, public information, public relations or related field is required. The minimum years of relevant experience is reduced to five (5) for candidates who passes a first-level degree or higher.
- Experience working with digital communication tools, including database-driven websites and/or social media platforms is required.
- Experience in photography and videography is required.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English and Nepali is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
Within delegated authority, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assists in the implementation of global communication strategies and campaigns to engage with local audiences on UN priority issues and/or major events, including the coordination of activities, monitoring and reporting on progress, taking appropriate follow-up actions, and analyzing the outcomes especially through the digital media
- Participates in the planning and coordination of outreach events and social cohesion activities using digital communication tools.
- Assists with the development of digital campaigns using social media, websites and email outreach.
- Acts as focal point on digital communications, monitoring and reporting on latest trends and developments, responding to inquiries, participating in and timely monitoring evaluation and sharing of the UN Social Media platforms to ensure maximum impact and continuous improvement of digital communications efforts.
- Maintain social media accounts of UN Nepal with compelling content, including in local languages, different formats and/or platforms (e.g. designs, infographic, illustrations, photos, videos, etc.), proposing topics, undertaking research, writing drafts, obtaining clearances, editing copy, and coordinating design approval, translation procedures and distribution to ensure that reach and engagement with is continuously enhanced.
- Researches a broad scope of information sources, printed and electronic; compiles and presents information for use in the preparation and production of digital communication products/services for target audiences.
- In line with the evolving world of social media, keep abreast with new developments, current trends, public opinions and assist and advise where relevant about the need to engage with emerging social media platforms or, informs management on possible action/responses using digital communications.
- Timely update the UN Digital Library with latest publications, materials by: researching and verifying information sources and authors as required; identifying, retrieving and downloading pertinent documentation and other information and ensuring proper cataloging for Web format; editing documents to conform to UN format, and UNCT Brand guidelines, incorporating graphics as needed, using appropriate authoring tools and necessary programming languages; preparing and updating index of documents; posting documents on the UN digital library /or development servers and ensuring the appropriate directory location; checking and testing for multiple browser support, etc.
- Start Date: August 22, 2023
- Last Date Application: September 21, 2023.
How To Apply
- Candidates fulfilled the eligibility criteria should apply online through UNDGC Career Page.
- Therefore, Applicants have to log on to UNDGC official website www.un.org.
- After that go to “New Vacancies Recruitment” section then Click on “Digital Communications Assistant“.
- Job vacancy in Nepal 2023
- Entrance exam 2023 in Nepal
- Exam Notices Nepal 2023
- Exam Routines Nepal 2023
- University Nepal
- Nepal Results 2080
- Marksheet Nepal