Recently the IFRC published a new job vacancy notification for the posts of Regional Emergency Health Coordinator. Interested Nepalese Job Seekers must apply before July 17, 2023.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is a worldwide humanitarian aid organization that reaches 160 million people each year through its 191 member National Societies. It acts before, during and after disasters and health emergencies to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people. It does so independently and with impartiality as to nationality, race, gender, religious beliefs, class and political opinions.
|Name of the Organization||International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)|
|Application Started||July 02, 2023|
|Application Deadline||July 17, 2023|
|Job Location||Kathmandu, Nepal|
IFRC Job Vacancy 2023 (www.ifrc.org)
IFRC would like to invite qualified candidates for the following position.
- Name Of Post = Regional Emergency Health Coordinator = Number of Vacancy = N/A
- Medical or other health-related graduate degree
- Post-graduate education in public health
- Diploma or training in tropical medicine, infectious diseases control, nutrition in emergencies, or humanitarian assistance.
- At least three years of experience in managing emergency health programmes and interventions
- At least five years of programme management experience in an international humanitarian organization
- At least three years of experience working on supply and quality assurance of medical consumables and equipment for health emergency preparedness
- At least three years of experience in working with national counterparts
- Programme management experience within the Red Cross/Red Crescent system, preferably in an emergency response setting
- Experience in working with a national Red Cross Red Crescent society.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance to IFRC country and country cluster support offices in supporting NS’ emergency health preparedness and response capacity strengthening related to natural disasters and public health emergencies, which are consistent with their mandates and roles as agreed with national authorities.
- Promote, and where possible facilitate, the integration and mainstreaming of emergency health programmes and initiatives, including nutrition and mental health/psychosocial support in emergencies into relevant NS programmes, as well as the co-ordination and co-operation between and among NS emergency health programmes and initiatives.
- Support the development of regional strategy based on the IFRC global strategy for epidemic and pandemic preparedness and response including the development of a regional strategic preparedness and response guidelines and plans for improving health outcomes through coordination and management of pandemics and epidemics.
- Actively support National Societies to reviews operating procedures, tools, and protocols for epidemic response.
Knowledge, Skills and Languages:
- Good knowledge of disaster management and humanitarian assistance concepts and debates, as well as mechanisms, tools and guidelines for programming and coordination at different levels
- Leadership and coordination skills
- Analytical thinking skills
- Good training and facilitation skills
- Self-supporting in computers: word processing, spreadsheets and presentations
- Fluently spoken and written English
- Extensive knowledge of the IFRC health and disaster management objectives, mandate and programme orientation, as well as emergency health and disaster management system, tools and mechanisms.
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish or Arabic).
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Judgement and decision making
- National society and customer relations
- Creativity and innovation
- Building trust.
- Application Start Date: July 02, 2023
- Last Date Application: July 07, 2023.
How To Apply
- Candidates fulfilled the eligibility criteria should apply online through IFRC Nepal Career Page.
- Therefore, Applicants have to log on to IFRC official website IFRC.org.
- After that go to “New Vacancies Recruitment” section then Click on “Recruitment of Regional Emergency Health Coordinator“.
International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
PO Box 217 c/o Nepal Red Cross Society
Red Cross Marg Kalimati Kathmandu
Telephone: +977 1 4272815
Web: – www.ifrc.org
- Job vacancy in Nepal 2023
- Entrance exam 2023 in Nepal
- Exam Notices Nepal 2023
- Exam Routines Nepal 2023
- University Nepal
- Nepal Results 2080
- Marksheet Nepal