Recently the REED Nepal published a new job vacancy notification for the posts of Project Coordinator/ Environment Field Officer. Interested Nepalese Job Seekers must apply before May 25, 2022.
Rural Education and Environment Development Centre (REED) –Nepal was established in 2000 as an Non-Government Organization registered in District Administration Office Kathmandu and affiliated with Social Welfare Council (SWC). REED Nepal was initiated by the first Everest Climbers who witnessed that children in the Himalayan region has been backward to the reach of basic level of education and felt the need to assist Nepal Government’s attempts for the improvement of overall standard of School Education in the Himalayan regions. REED’s activities focuses on imparting Quality education through Teachers’ training, child protection, Environment and climate change, Gender and social inclusion, and learning & life skills. Since then REED Nepal has been conducting its various educational programs to enhance the quality teaching and learning environment for both teachers and students.
|Name of the Organization||REED Nepal|
|Application Started||May 17, 2022|
|Application Deadline||May 25, 2022|
- Category: Development and Project
- Openings: 2
- Position Type: Full Time
- Experience: Please check vacancy details.
- Education: Please check vacancy details
- Posted Date: 17 May, 2022
- Apply Before: 25 May, 2022
- City: Kathmandu
REED Nepal Job Vacancy 2022 (www.reednepal.org)
REED Nepal would like to invite qualified candidates for the following position.
- Name Of Post – Project Coordinator/ Environment Field Officer = Number Of Post = 02
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science/Environment Education, Natural Resource Management, Forestry, Sustainable Development, Environmental Management or related field (Preference will be given to Master Degree).
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in a similar position in a program of similar magnitude and complexity is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Nepali
- Report Writing
- Proficiency in MS Office. Proficiency in any other creative computer tools is a plus.
Skills – Social skills:
- Sensitivity to interact with people from different cultures.
- Team player: Able to work with a team of 3-4 people.
- Analytical Skills: Able to work with data from different sources, and draw logical and meaningful conclusions.
- Ability to multitask and monitor several projects on a daily basis.
- Being proactive and willing to take initiative.
Purpose: Support Project Coordinator in effective and efficient implementation of the project activities in project districts to ensure identification of root causes of environmental, climate change adaptation, Disaster Risk Reduction, Livelihood problems and assess potential risks in the organization. Assisting the Project Coordinator in project planning, implementation, Mentoring and follow-up support. Coordination at field and ground set up for conducting required environmental observations, tests and analysis in order to reach conclusions.
- Lead the project implementation planning, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of project’s activities.
- Support human resource planning and mobilize team for project implementation.
- Lead efficient utilization of the available financial resources, track expenses and ensure value for money.
- Design, validate and roll out Teacher Training Packages on environment protection, natural resource management, sustainable development, Climate Change Adaptation, DRR with Vulnerability assessment, and livelihood.
- Ensure partnership contracts, MOU are on track, terms and conditions of contracts are strictly adhered, project objectives within the specified project timeframe of implementation.
- Ensure effective coordination and networking with provincial and local governments.
- Work with cross-functional teams to implement solutions, ensure environmental, climate change adaptation, Disaster Risk Reduction, Livelihood management and perform regular site inspections for monitoring.
- Coordinate with different partner organizations or companies that are involved with the study of environmental, climate change adaptation, Disaster Risk Reduction, Livelihood practices as well as in the implementation of solutions.
- Reporting of the implemented activities in the field with regular communication.
- Provide assistance to the team and organize sharing meeting with the team to build necessary digital and print content for awareness campaigns.
- Stay updated with new developments in environment and climate change and adaptation policies and regulations, as well as in new technologies and solutions related to the projects.
- Last Date Application: May 25, 2022.
How To Apply
Please apply by May 25, 2022, at 5 pm to email@example.com, The candidates from ethnic minorities, Dalits, people with disability, and women will be encouraged to apply for the purposed position. Applications sent by post will not be reviewed. Please include an application letter, updated CV (4 pages maximum) with email, telephone and/or Skype contact details, and a minimum of 2 work-related referees. Please state your expected salary on the cover letter. Please, mention the Application for Project Coordinator and Application for Environment Field Officer in the Subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Telephone and email queries will not be entertained.
Rural Education And Environment Development Center (REED Nepal)
Pulchowk – Bakhundole, Lalitpur, Nepal
Phone:(977) 1 5521942/5010980
Official Website: www.reednepal.org